I decided to follow recommendations of Kristyna and my irl friends to go to Prague, the capital city of Czech. Just in the beginning of February. Unfortunately, the book fair is in April. I will need to find another event.
I’m totally hating research for now. I read some posts but not exactly paying mind to the suggestions. I’m too tired to plan my trip so I’ll just use local tourist information in Prague.
I’m not a fan of e-books but I have bought myself e-books of Czech authors translated into Polish. The info on English translations is based on Goodreads (which doesn’t show always the actual status but…)
- Jan Němec – Dějiny světla. No English translation.
- Petr Šabach – Opilé banány. This one is actually about Prague in the 80s. I used to play on a carpet hanger too. That was a popular plaything in the 80s and 90s in Poland. No English translation.
- Jan Balaban – Kudy šel anděl. No English translation.
- Egon Hostovsky – Nezvěstný. No English translation of this book, but there are some of his books translated into English.
- Kateřina Tučková – Žítkovské bohyně. No English translation.
- Josef Škvorecký – Scherzo capriccioso. There is an English translation! It’s called Dvorak in Love. But the cover is from Czech edition.
I’ll probably go with a long-distance bus to Prague. The flights are too expensive. I’m not sure about staying in a hotel or private room reserved through airbnb.com. I just know I don’t want to share a room. 😀
All suggestions for Prague are welcome.